Have you seen the Facebook notice that your profile image is going to change?
Starting in August, the shape of your Page profile picture will change from square to circular in News Feed and on your Page timeline. The larger profile picture on your Page cover area will remain square.
This means you will want to check your profile picture and layout to be sure all looks great. This is also a good time to give your Facebook Business page a checkup!
This is something that should be done on a regular basis, because like our websites we tend to set them and forget them. And yes, even I forget to do this sometimes too. So, I will be doing it as well.
Here is a list of the main items you should be checking and reviewing:
- Backup Admin. Does someone other than you have admin access to the Page? This is needed in case you ever get locked out of your own Facebook Account. It ensures the page can still be managed and updated. Always be sure it is a trusted party that has this access. Admin access comes with ALL privileges (ie. this person could post anything and even delete the page).
- Profile Image. Check that with the new layout it works.
- Cover Image.Is this current and updated? Fitting properly? The sizes changed months ago, so be sure nothing is cut off.
- Call To Action button. This is under the cover image. Is the click action working? Going to the right lead magnet or contact option? Click and check.
- About Info.Be sure this is all current information and complete. Is your address (if needed), phone number, website, description and other info updated?
- Services Info.Depending on your page type, if you have one that allows for a listing of services, be sure they are listed in here.
- Do you have videos on the page? If so be sure that the proper one is set as a featured video. Click the videos tab on the left menu to access this area.
- Instagram. If you have an Instagram account, you can connect your page to that. If it is relevant for you, then connect them.
- Check-ins.If you have a location where people can check-in – be sure this works and that people can check-in to your business. Also make certain to encourage them as they visit your business to do this.
- Settings. There are many options under your settings that can help or detract people from engaging on your page and with your business. The main ones I like people to consider are:
Visitor Posts– Allow them to post – if you don’t it will only ever be a one-way conversations without engagement.
Messages– allowing people to send Direct Messages to the Business and also the 2 options of sending an away message or instant replies when people do message you.
Tagging– allowing visitors to tag the page and photos on the page
Country restrictions– If you have this setup you might be stopping people from seeing your page.
Verify your Page– This will help your page show up higher in search results.
THE BIG ONE TO CHECK?
I believe people should allow for reviews online. Not being scared of these, unless your company has customer service issues. That is when I tell people every time. If you have a hard time with customer service (and most will say they do not, but I suggest you review how you deal with customers and be sure) then this may not be ideal because it can hit you in the face.
People will complain online if you provide bad customer service, meaning you have issues answering clients on time, other customer service troubles, or do not acknowledge errors on your part etc. Then online reviews may not be for you.
If you do well with your service and are ready to talk to people online – to address them right there in front of the world or even to take complaints offline and address them, then this will not be a problem for you.
Learn to do more with your marketing by understanding the Foundations of Content Marketing with this free guide.
Online Marketing with IMPACT so you Get Clients! My passion is helping to guide people just like you, dietitians, coaches and service based business owners, who are often frustrated with all the advice and ideas out there and all the wasted time spent on marketing that gets you nowhere. Check out all the free resources on my Pepper It Marketing website, especially this guide for Online and Content Marketing. I also offer several self-study training programs to help you get more traffic to your website, more leads on your email list so you can make More Sales!