Oops, they did it Again – They played with our Page… I’m lost in the Look. Yes, Facebook did it again!
I mentioned a while ago that Facebook was doing a redesign for Business Pages – Again!
Well, they have pretty much rolled this out to every Facebook Business Page this week and many people are lost now. Here is a quick guide to help you find yourself again… There is not only a minor change in cover photo size but several significant changes in the layout of the page and content.
What are some of the other changes:
- The right side of your timeline will now display ALL your posts (no longer mixed on left and right).
- The left side features your business information, map, hours, phone number, website link, and pics and videos. Any tabs or special welcome apps you had will show here now. In this left side, you will find: PEOPLE | ABOUT | APPS | PHOTOS | POSTS BY PAGE | LIKES BY PAGE.
- The Page Admins have easier access to page insights and it is shown in a top navigation menu > Page | Activity | Insights | Settings.
- Page –Shows your Page information.
- Activity – Shows you Message Inbox, Notifications, Scheduled Posts.
- Insights – Shows all your Main Insights for the page. Note: Ads Manager is under the Build Audience tab.
- Settings – Shows you main page information and all areas you can update, as well as setting visibility and privacy settings.
Tip: The unread messages / inbox area and notifications also show on the right at the top of your page, along with a quick overview of new likes and reaches.
To help you create a new picture for your cover image, I have shared two images here that detail where you need to leave space for the overlapping of the profile image as well as the overlay of some buttons and your page name.
The first image is what my page image looks like with no changes after the launch of the new look. You can see there are several areas now covered up by the size change and overlay of the page name.
The second image shows the updated look and also gives you an idea of size and spacing to update your own image. We will be making updates and adjustments for my clients, and suggest you do the same.
WHAT THE OLD IMAGE LOOKS LIKE BEFORE AN UPDATE
SIZING AND SPACE TO FIT THE NEW LOOK
PS. Sorry if my title to this article got you singing Britney Spears’ Ooops, I did it again… 😉
Have you updated your Facebook business page image? If not, or if you have questions, feel free to ask them on my Facebook page.
Online Marketing with IMPACT so you Get Clients! My passion is helping to guide people just like you, dietitians, coaches and service based business owners, who are often frustrated with all the advice and ideas out there and all the wasted time spent on marketing that gets you nowhere. Check out all the free resources on my Pepper It Marketing website, especially this guide for Online and Content Marketing. I also offer several self-study training programs to help you get more traffic to your website, more leads on your email list so you can make More Sales!