People have been selling their ideas to others for years… Sometimes it seems we are inundated with sales pitches all day long on social media, in our inbox and while surfing the web – but take one look at TV or radio commercials – which haven’t really changed a ton in the past few years, and you realize – the online world has just caught up with other methods of selling.
Social media has opened up a new world where customers can talk direct with companies as they make their buying decisions, but the reality is web site sales pages are similar to infomercials, tweets and facebook posts are like 15 second commercials. It is all just a change in the method of delivery and the amount of options available with which to deliver our information.
Communication methods and costs have changed greatly as well – low-cost long-distance service and conference call lines have made teleseminars a more popular method to deliver presentations. Instead of spending thousands of dollars traveling to give an in-person presentation, you can meet your customers and prospects right where they are, without even having to leave your home or office.
What can you do on a teleseminar?
- Introduce new products.
- Get known in a new market — and get to know that market in turn.
- Explain how a product or service works.
- Interview experts and share their knowledge with your audience.
- Answer questions about your area of expertise.
Teleseminars can help your business by:
- Get to know your audience. Being able to interact with your audience in real time allows an unprecedented level of market research, right in the moment.
- Establish yourself. You can produce content that SHOWS your expertise to the people attending. They can “see and hear” what you know.
- Build your list. Teleseminars are popular ways to introduce yourself to a new market. It’s easy to invite people to your free events — and as they sign up, they become part of your list.
- Create trust. Trust is crucial when you want to do business online. And one of the best ways to build trust with your audience is to interact with them directly. As they hear your voice live on the call — and as they ask questions and get answers right then and there — you become “real” to them and they’ll be able to bond with you. This is something that’s much harder to accomplish through sales letters and emails.
- Sell more. By presenting a sales presentation over the phone, you offer much more interactivity and a stronger personal connection than you can through a website or direct mail piece. People have seen a small piece of it and know what they will receive when they buy.
- Create products. The calls themselves can be turned into products or classes. You can sell access to your live events, or you can record them and sell them later as CDs or audio downloads.
If you have enough experience to start a business, you have enough experience to produce and host a teleseminar. There are certain things you need to produce and host a teleseminar, but once setup they are an easy way to deliver content and connect with people interested in your product or service.
Think of different ways you can use a teleseminar to boost your business. The more inventive and interactive, the more people are interested and learn. They are one of the best ways I know to build the Know, Like and Trust factor with prospective clients.
What is holding you back from hosting your own? If you have a roadblock, ask me for a little advice – we help clients with these all the time and can most likely help you get over that roadblock and get your teleseminar ready to roll!
Online Marketing with IMPACT so you Get Clients! My passion is helping to guide people just like you, dietitians, coaches and service based business owners, who are often frustrated with all the advice and ideas out there and all the wasted time spent on marketing that gets you nowhere. Check out all the free resources on my Pepper It Marketing website, especially this guide for Online and Content Marketing. I also offer several self-study training programs to help you get more traffic to your website, more leads on your email list so you can make More Sales!